Sunday 10 January 2016

Quote of the Day: Jenny Eclair

A Year After he died I still miss Dad.

"It's been just over a year since my father died. I say died, because that's what happened. We didn't lose him, as many people term it. If he'd just slipped out of the back door of the nursing home and made a break for the pub by the golf course, then that would have been OK. If we'd just lost him, we could have found him.

But we didn't lose him. He died. he was 90 and it was sad because he was funniest man I ever met.I still find it unbelievable that I won't see him again."

Jenny Eclair, writing in Waitrose Weekend.

1 comment:

  1. As Jay Rayner said too - they die. They don't pass away. Sad but true. Maybe, if a person has dementia, it could be termed passing away; they gradually go bit by bit, rather than ceasing to live.

    ReplyDelete