Thursday 26 March 2015

Moonbeams: An Original Poem Reflecting On Loss


A time to reflect ... I had to share this beautiful poem with you, written by Debby McCarthy (and thank you Sally!)...this is one I would certainly use in one of my ceremonies. (NB: Copyright: Debby McCarthy, reproduced with permission).


Moonbeams by Debby McCarthy

I do not sense your breath upon a summer's breeze
Or feel your touch as raindrops gently fall on me.
Tis not in nature that I know your presence, but ... in every smile
That shines when love filled laughter sings its joyous song.
I hear your voice when my own echoes yours and utters words
That offer calm advice or seeks to reassure young heavy hearts.
For though our imperfections then and now fill with regret our memories,
We only ever sought and seek to share the best of us.
So now I know your love was at the core of all you hoped for me,
Your anger born of dread the world would treat me ill.
And when it did you showered me with told you sos,
But kept me close to shelter me from hurt.
And oft I feel your shadow's light embrace, a flicker
Of your spirit shining still, as if a moonbeam lights my way to navigate life's twists and turns,
And share with those who surely would have loved you dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment